We have invested in a brand new 3.5 tonne 2 horse lorry built by First Horsesboxes. This includes:
- The latest safety features – no breastbar for horses to get stuck on.
- Easy to drive and can be driven on a normal car license.
- Good fuel economy.
- We have insured the lorry so it can be driven by anyone 22 & over. (22-24yrs = £20 supplement onto hire fee) Most companies will only hire to 25+.
- The cab has a good sound system, air conditioning, seating for 3 and a large screen for a camera through to the horses.
- The horse area is very roomy and will take large horses easily.
- There are oversized windows for extra ventilation and a roof vent.
- The partitions are full height for extra safety when travelling 2 strange horses together.
- The ramp is very shallow with bi-folding top doors so no chance of horses banging their heads.
- The ramp is on the drivers side to allow the handler to be on the correct side of the horse for loading – much safer and less confusing for the horse! Also allows for verge parking for hunting as you will load onto the road.
- The storage area at the back is compact to keep the weight down, but has a large back door, hanging space and tack space for up to 4 saddles.
- Payload just under 1000kg. It is your responsibility to make sure you are within the legal weight limit.
We also have an Ifor Williams 511 trailer for hire – this is the larger sized trailer to be able to tow larger horses. Call us to book.
PRICES & HOURS
|HALF DAY (AM)||0630-1230||£60||Online|
|HALF DAY (PM)||1300-1900||£60||Online|
|2-DAY HIRE||£175||Call or Text|
|3-DAY HIRE||£250||Call or Text|
|4-DAY HIRE||£325||Call or Text|
|5+ DAY HIRE||Please call to discuss|
Night before pick-up at no extra charge, when possible.
|14 days or more before hire period||Full Refund|
|Less than 14 days before hire period||No Refund but an alternative date may be offered subject to availability.|
Hire is subject to our full Terms & Conditions of Horsebox Rental.
HERE ARE SOME KEY POINTS:
- Only named drivers meeting our eligibility and identification criteria and signing the Hire Agreement may drive the horsebox.
- We will not rent out the horsebox to persons:- with more than 6 motoring conviction points in the past 5 years;
– with non-motoring convictions, unless spent;
– having a medical condition declarable to the relevant licence issuing authority, unless such condition has been declared and a licence or letter of authorisation to drive issued;
– who have had any insurance declined, cancelled, rental refused or special terms imposed on them;
– who, in the last three years, have had more than one fault accident or more than two non-fault accidents (a “fault accident” being where a 100% recovery of all costs from a third party has not been made); or
– involved in the following occupations: professional sports, professional entertainment, gambling industry, press of any sort and, foreign services, unless a UK or EU licence has been held for two years unless our insurer consents to the rental (which may incur an additional fee).
- Each driver must produce their original photo card licence or pre-1998 paper-only licence before we will release the horsebox. We will not accept copies.
- In addition each driver must present the following identification when collecting the horsebox:
a. Atleast one utility bill, or other bill except mobile telephone bills, that are less than 90 days old and that identify each driver with their address and licence; and
b. Unless the driving licence produced is a photo card licence, a original passport or photo ID card.
- We strongly recommend that horses carried are insured and accustomed to travelling.
- Strictly no smoking.
- Strictly no dogs are allowed in the horsebox including cab area.
- Maximum daily mileage allowance is 300 miles.
- Horsebox must be returned:
– by agreed time on the last day of the hire period.
– late return without agreement may incur a penalty.
– with a full tank of diesel.
– clean with horse area fully swept out.
- Security deposit may be called upon if you:
– Exceed the mileage allowance (charged at 35p per mile).
– Return the horsebox late – after 7pm unless by prior arrangement (£30 charge).
– Return the horsebox with less than full a tank of diesel (£20 charge plus fuel).
– If the horsebox is damaged. (Cost of damage)
– If you return the horsebox insufficiently cleaned (£40 charge).
To check availability choose AM, PM or Full Day period & calendar will appear highlighting those dates available.
Note: if you are flexible on AM or PM hire then check both options as availability may differ.
HOW TO BOOK
Go to Availability Calendar – select date and follow instructions including payment.
Print-off and complete Hirer’s Agreement
Pay Damage Deposit 48 hours prior to Hire Period via PayPal ‘Buy Now’ button below.
Bring following documentation with you on day of hire:
1. Hirer’s Agreement
2. Valid Driving Licence
3. Proof of Address (utility bill or bank statement from last 3 months)
4. Proof of Identity (Passport or Photo ID)
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR HORSEBOX HIRE
Strongly Advised to Read
Got a Question?
Pay your Damage Deposit or Booking Fee (if hire arranged arranged by phone).