We have invested in a brand new 3.5 tonne 2 horse lorry built by First Horsesboxes. This includes:
- The latest safety features – no breastbar for horses to get stuck on.
- Easy to drive and can be driven on a normal car license.
- Good fuel economy.
- We have insured the lorry so it can be driven by anyone 22 & over. (22-24yrs = £20 supplement onto hire fee) Most companies will only hire to 25+.
- The cab has a good sound system, air conditioning, seating for 3 and a large screen for a camera through to the horses.
- The horse area is very roomy and will take large horses easily.
- There are oversized windows for extra ventilation and a roof vent.
- The partitions are full height for extra safety when travelling 2 strange horses together.
- The ramp is very shallow with bi-folding top doors so no chance of horses banging their heads.
- The ramp is on the drivers side to allow the handler to be on the correct side of the horse for loading – much safer and less confusing for the horse! Also allows for verge parking for hunting as you will load onto the road.
- The storage area at the back is compact to keep the weight down, but has a large back door, hanging space and tack space for up to 4 saddles.
- Payload just under 1000kg. It is your responsibility to make sure you are within the legal weight limit.
We also have an Ifor Williams 511 trailer for hire – this is the larger sized trailer to be able to tow larger horses.
PRICES & HOURS
|HALF DAY (AM)||0630-1230||£60||Online|
|HALF DAY (PM)||1300-1900||£60||Online|
|2-DAY HIRE||£175||Call or Text|
|3-DAY HIRE||£250||Call or Text|
|4-DAY HIRE||£325||Call or Text|
|5+ DAY HIRE||Please call to discuss|
Night before pick-up at no extra charge, when possible.
|14 days or more before hire period||Full Refund|
|Less than 14 days before hire period||No Refund but an alternative date may be offered subject to availability.|
Hire is subject to our full Terms & Conditions of Horsebox Rental.
HERE ARE SOME KEY POINTS:
- Only named drivers meeting our eligibility and identification criteria and signing the Hire Agreement may drive the horsebox.
- We will not rent out the horsebox to persons:- with more than 6 motoring conviction points in the past 5 years;
– with non-motoring convictions, unless spent;
– having a medical condition declarable to the relevant licence issuing authority, unless such condition has been declared and a licence or letter of authorisation to drive issued;
– who have had any insurance declined, cancelled, rental refused or special terms imposed on them;
– who, in the last three years, have had more than one fault accident or more than two non-fault accidents (a “fault accident” being where a 100% recovery of all costs from a third party has not been made); or
– involved in the following occupations: professional sports, professional entertainment, gambling industry, press of any sort and, foreign services, unless a UK or EU licence has been held for two years unless our insurer consents to the rental (which may incur an additional fee).
- Each driver must produce their original photo card licence or pre-1998 paper-only licence before we will release the horsebox. We will not accept copies.
- In addition each driver must present the following identification when collecting the horsebox:
a. atleast one utility bill, or other bill except mobile telephone bills, that are less than 90 days old and that identify each driver with their address and licence; and
b. unless the driving licence produced is a photo card licence, a original passport or photo ID card.
- Horses carried must be insured and accustomed to travelling.
- Strictly no smoking.
- Strictly no dogs are allowed in the horsebox including cab area.
- Maximum daily mileage allowance is 300 miles.
- Horsebox must be returned:
– by agreed time on the last day of the hire period.
– late return without agreement may incur a penalty.
– with a full tank of diesel.
– clean with horse area fully swept out.
- Security deposit may be called upon if you:
– Exceed the mileage allowance (charged at 35p per mile).
– Return the horsebox late – after 7pm unless by prior arrangement (£30 charge).
– Return the horsebox with less than full a tank of diesel (£20 charge plus fuel).
– If the horsebox is damaged. (Cost of damage)
– If you return the horsebox insufficiently cleaned (£40 charge).
AVAILABILITY & BOOKING
HOW TO BOOK
- Ensure that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions.
- As you will need your DVLA code to complete your booking go to https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence to obtain.
- To check availability choose AM, PM or Full Day period & calendar will appear highlighting those dates available. Note: if you are flexible on AM or PM hire then check both options as availability may differ.
- Select available date and follow instructions.
- Click ‘Pay Now’ button which will take you through to PayPal to confirm booking.
- During your first booking there is an option for you to register for an account. Only your name, phone number and email address will be stored.
- You will receive confirmation of your booking by email. Keep this email in case you need to cancel your booking.
- Print-off and complete the Hirer’s Agreement. You must bring this with you when you pick-up the horsebox.
- 48 hours prior to your hire period you will receive another email to remind you to pay the £150 damage deposit . If paying on-line please click on PayPal button at bottom of this page and follow instructions.
HOW TO CANCEL
- If 14 or more days before the start of your hire period click on the link in your confirmation email (received at time of booking) and follow instructions.
a. Your full refund will follow.
2. If less than 14 days before your hire period please call or text .
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR HORSEBOX HIRE
Strongly Advised to Read
Got a Question?
Pay your Damage Deposit or Booking Fee (if hire arranged arranged by phone).